Remember that beautiful CyanogenMod7 port that made its way to the Le Pan TC970 just a few short days ago? Well is at it again and has released a fix for the non-working audio bug that plagued the RC0 edition. Some users are having issues getting it installed though via ADB since it’s a bit more complicated than simply flashing the updated ROM, so I have taken the fix and applied it to the CM7 ROM in a ready-to-flash package!

Download links after the jump!

FOR USERS ALREADY RUNNING CM7:

For users that are already running CM7, and navigate to ClockWorkMod. Choose apply update.zip and located the .zip file on your SD Card. Flash the .zip and it will replace the audio driver that was causing the issues.

FOR USERS TRYING FOR THE FIRST TIME:

For users who haven’t tried CM7 yet, with the complete CM7 ROM including the updated audio driver. If you need installing CM7 on your Le Pan TC970, follow our original guide.

Remaining Bugs:

• SD Card & EMMC cannot be mounted from within CM7.
  • The screen is upside down!
  • The camera is not currently working.
  • Bluetooth, GPS & G-Sensors.
Categories: Hacks/Mods

11 Responses so far.

1. says:

[...] packages that you can chose to use – both are installed via ClockWorkMod, no ADB required. He describes then in a Blog post here.- The first one is a small update.zip style package, containing the new alsa.ompa3.so drive and a [...]

2. Wisc says:

How about a list of outstanding issues each time so users know what to expect?

3. admin says:

@wisc – Good idea, I’ll update the post :)

4. yann2 says:

Under Remaining Bugs – you mention ‘video will play, with no audio’;

Haven’t tried with a .mp4 file yet, but YouTube video streams have sound after the new driver is installed.

5. admin says:

@Yann2 – Whoops I meant to remove the video bug and replace it with Bluetooth, GPS & G-Sensors. Done now :)

6. sketchy says:

CM7 is great. Thanks for all the hard work Cas_XP. Surprisingly my favourite feature would have to be the keyboard. It’s so much more responsive than the default Froyo keyboard. The screen in general feels much for responsive.

7. l says:

where is the original guide referred to above for those installing for the first time?

• admin says:

Not sure I understand your question. The first-time user guide above was written up by me. There are also other install guides that can be found on our forums by our resident Moderator Yann and others. :)

8. Chris says:

I can’t get this to work no matter what. I keep getting the status 7 error and it aborts. I’m using the SD card that came with it and I’ve downloaded it from several different mirrors and it just doesn’t work. I’ve tried several different SD cards as well and I’m stuck. Am I stuck with Froyo permenantly? This is so frustrating. I only find like 2 or three entries with this issue. Please help!!

• admin says:

Check out the forums Chris, there are solutions to this issue in the CM7 Discussion Thread. Try the latest CWM or remove the assert check in the updater-script :)

9. nick says:

original install guide references CM recovery but the link does not work need to get this before I can do anything. Also I’m sure I need to root this first?